
Spent the day with Mom shopping.....
If you haven't had this experience first hand let me warn you...
"wear comfortable shoes and jeans you can live in"...
It started with a wake up call at 9:30 a.m. and we finally pulled into my driveway at 11 p.m.
The whole pretense of the trip was to buy a tub for the bathroom redo.. But before we could go to Fergus we had to hit the rummage sales in town.. You will be relieved to know that no garage sale went unexplored...treasures were found that people didn't even know they had! The smartest (?) move we made was to clear the car out before continuing on to Fergus.. I did manage to get Mom to pick up the tub (etc.)at our second stop because knowing how this could play out I wanted the biggest item off the list to take up room in the Envoy and make sure that it got in the Envoy ...
Now you can see where this is going..
By the time all the stores in Fergus that carry discounts or clearance racks where completely looked over and there was no chance we missed out on any deals, we turned the Envoy west and started back to Breckenridge. By way of Fleet Farm which unfortunately was closed.. Those wussies.. it was only 9:30.. by this time tho I am getting a bit concerned because I can no longer see out of the review mirror. Mom assured me that that is why there are side mirrors... Well, yah I guess she's right.
By this time my cankles are killing me (due to the salt on the margaritas at lunch)and I am getting a little on the cranky side (no nap) so when her eyes lit up and she said Walmart is open 24 hours right? I knew I had met my match...
I admit it... I gave up and believe it or not... I sat out the Walmart stop... and opted to stay in the car... (FYI, do you know how many domestic disputes happen in a Walmart parking lot in an hour?)
The only mishap to report is that if you hit the brakes a little too hard anything in the back sitting on top of a boxed tub becomes a missile... lucky for me it was only a small light and not the crockpot purchased at a bargain.. :)
All and all it was a fun day... alot of Mother/Daughter laughter..
And with the purchase of the tub my remodeling is down to the "let's get it done' stage. Now if Bob could get a day off from Comdel to finish his part in this saga it would be GREAT!!!
I can't wait to soak in my new bath ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment