1/23/09

Just when you think you have it under controll !!!



I woke up this morning to Sean standing over me saying: "Mom come in my room and check this out.."
Really - just what I want to do at 7am.. but I get up, go in, not wanting to because - well, we've all seen what a boy can do to a bedroom.
But I go in anyway and I hear this noise like a knife scrapping a fork, which will drive me insane to start with, coming from his ceiling fan. What the hell???
In his room he has a hugger ceiling fan and it's making a sound like the motor is arcing or the blades are squeeking but it's not on...
Now - Sean has a yard stick and an evil grin and he starts tapping on the fan base.. the noise increases, then it quits. Taps it again... the same thing. The noise increases and then quits..
When I move in closer it investigate this 'noise'... I can see these little black (hands?)coming out between the fan base and the ceiling!!!!

A FREAKING B-A-T !!!!!

People have always said that I have bats in my belfry!! Ha Ha... now I have proof that I have been hearing those stupid things in my attic for years!!!

But the question is now what do I do with it??? How do I get that thing out??? Without freaking out??

I called Randy and he was no help - I admit that I called him at work and well, honestly - really what could he do from there? But - Randy is always my first line of defense so it's just automatic to call him!
After I explained that I had heard this noise coming from the fan and before I could tell him about the little (hands)... He starts giggling and told me to oil the fan... The blades were squeaking!!! Thanks Randy.. No! there's these Hands...

Well after that he did suggest taking the fan down and catching it or spraying something in there to kill it... But of course then it would stink like dead rodent in Sean's room. (I wonder if you would be able to distinquish that from the other smells in that room???)

By this time Sean had sprayed it with 'Febreze' - not effective in bat killing by the way but his room smelled better...

Okay 2nd line of defense... Call Mom!!!
She too giggled at my perdicament and icked a couple of times and then said "well, I don't know what you can do but I gotta go to work." Buuuuuuuuuuuut MMMMMMMMMMMMMom!!!! She suggested to call the Mad Dog.... Aw Ha!!! Not a bad idea... matter of fact a good idea... Thanks Ma!

I called John's house at 7:35 am - glad Elaine is a teacher! She was up but guess where John was... Oakes!! LOL can't win for losing! But she gave me his cell number and he'll be here this afternoon.... No jokes, no giggles, just Yup - I'll come over and help ya out... My hero!! (I should go get him some beer!!)

He's not moving much or making much noise right now... he's been trapped for about 8 hours now... I called my bug guy and he said he'd drop by this afternoon to "help" remove him... little does he know I'm not gonna be much help!!! YUCK-nasty little rat with wings...

No comments: