7/14/10

The Hunt....




I thought that once the daunting task of finishing school was over I would jump right on the workforce band wagon and everything would be fine. Not True....

School is over and this is becoming my most trying time yet.

Constructing a Resume is basically forcing 2 years of school and 30 years of experience into a few paragraphs that will WOW my future employer. For one thing I am from the mid-west were 'blowing your own horn' is frowned upon. And how do you pick the right amount of information and the right kind of information that will spark the interest needed to generate that personal interview.

I have a basic resume constructed but by the lack of responses I am rethinking it and looking at starting over and trying again. Ha, hmmmm isn't that where this all started? Starting over and trying again?

Even after the resume has been written it then comes to finding a job that sounds like I might be qualified for. Granted even tho I have the piece of paper that says I am a graduate, I am lacking the confidence that I feel others possess...

Then once the stars have aligned and my pitiful resume has caught their attention and I have been granted that almighty interview. Here's where it gets sticky....

They should teach interviewing skills in high school and college. They should prepare you for these inquisitions that will give you a job or throw you back out into the street.... But they don't. They give you a list of common questions asked at interviews but they don't tell you how to phrase your answer or even what the answer should be....

My patients thin... my ego bruised... and my luck running out ~ I yet again open my multiple websites to see what jobs are posted today and start to think how I am going to survive another month without an income???

No comments: