
When you make a forever friend you think they will be there ~
Well, FOREVER...
Life just doesn't work that way.
It's cruel, uncaring. It comes up behind you to steal people from you before you're ready to say goodbye. Before you've had that last chance to tell them how much they mean to you... You wake up to the news that there's been an accident or an illness has taken them and suddenly everything that you thought could wait until the next time you spoke is left unspoken.
You spend days in a fog and feel that no one could possibly understand the depth of sadness you feel. You know that you should snap out of it and move on. Remember the good times and move on. But your stuck. You go through the motions of life but aren't really there.
You find yourself looking for ways to save the memories, dig out old photos, read old notes, listen to an old message just to hear their voice. It's not enough to fill the void but it eases the loss for a moment.
I'm human and selfish. I just wanted them to always be there when I needed them. But, thinking back on the years that I had with them, they were always there ~ that's why they've taken a piece of my heart with them to the other side. And in return I have a piece of them to carry with me in memories of all the times they were there to hold my hand, wipe away my tears, and all the times they made me laugh until my sides hurt. They are a piece of me...
So, just knowing them was enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment