
OMG let me tell ya what happened to me the other day!!
It was my turn to bring donuts for our study group at college.
I stopped at the corner bakery to pick up 6 to go...
When I went in, the boss and I assume his wife were having a cup of coffee. I apologized for interrupting their coffee break and went to the counter to check out the choices. The smell of donuts hit me... MMMMmmm how yummy they looked... The smell of the bakery was wonderful too..
But I noticed that there were only about 4-5 of each kind of donuts in the display case. My mind was thinking maybe there is more in back... but instead of saying that I asked the woman, " Are these fresh?" Maybe they just hadn't brought out the newest ones yet to fill in the empty spots...
I immediately realized my mistake when I looked up after asking my question.
She was just glared at me. Her lip was curled, nostrils flared and her eyes rolled rolled up as she replied, " What do you think?" Her tone was of total loathing (I thought anyway).
I stammered " I'm sorry, I didn't know for sure."
She comes back with - "Do you want them or not? You can go someplace else ya know."
"Guess I will" was my reply as I turned around and walked out....
I swear I heard her say "Good" as I hit the door!
Now for those of you that know me you'd think that I would have shot off my mouth and said something nasty but no... I just got in the car and put it in gear and it was at that moment that my mind snapped and my body took over....
I outstretched my arm and unleashed the most heartfelt bird that I could flip!!!!
I didn't regain my composure until about a block down the street when I finally realized my arm was still outstretched, my finger was cramping and people passing me where looking at me strangly as I was flipping off no one now! I slowly brought my hand back to the wheel and let out a long breath...
Am I wrong or would that just put a tac in your butt for the whole day???
No comments:
Post a Comment